The Diving at Work regulations 1997 stipulates that all divers at work must have a valid certificate of fitness to dive issued by an Approved Medical Examiner of Divers (AMED). All persons who dive at work must complete a statutory health assessment to make sure that they are fit to complete dives. The certificate is valid for up to a maximum of 12 months.
Dr Fiona Tees is a HSE Approved Medical Examiner of Divers and would be delighted to carry out your diving medical. Please telephone us for an appointment and bring with you:
- If you are a new diver a completed health questionnaire countersigned by your GP and results of a full blood count (see HSE: Medical Examination and Assessment of Divers (MA1) www.hse.gov.uk/diving/information.htm Annex A).
- If you attend a specialist please bring your most recent report.
- Photo ID
- Trainers/shorts (for exercise test to assess aerobic capacity)
- You may eat before attending the appointment but avoid alcohol the day before your test as this may affect your pulse.
- Up to date Log Book and any other information you feel is relevant for the appointment